Saturday, March 13, 2010

Annoyed


Sorry for such a negative post my second post out of the gate but I am so upset! Here I finally decided to go ahead and correct a problem that has been plaguing me for almost 20 years and now I find out my insurance may just flat out exclude the surgery.

WHAT?!?! I knew it would be a battle with the insurance company but I was prepared for a fight not to be shot down without even a chance.

I am supposed to get my braces on this Friday and don't even meet with the oral surgeon until April 1st. From what I have read this is normal to get started with the process because approval from insurance companies takes so long. I am already paying $7,000 to my ortho and then to find out that my surgery could potentially not be covered. I was also expecting my $3,000 deductible so I was prepared for $10,000 out of pocket. That seems like a ton already! What the hell am I going to do? Braces do nothing for me other than to get my jaw ready for surgery. UGGGGGGG

Insurance companies can kiss this mamas bootie!

Stay tuned for next steps and anyone with insurance that isn't as big of a pain in the butt as mine, congrats. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment