Thursday, May 6, 2010

To approve or not to approve

The million dollar question.....is my surgery going to be approved by my insurance? From the research I have done this surgery is SO HARD to get approved. Apparently insurance deems it often as cosmetic.

There is no doubt that the cosmetic difference before and after surgery is amazing BUT when there is so many benefits other than cosmetic to this surgery why don't they take all of those into consideration. It's as if they consider the surgery to be cosmetic unless you prove it otherwise. Hmmmmm....only chewing on my back two molars, mouth not closing properly, food occasionally falling out of my mouth when I eat (that is my favorite part) and on and on and on.

I got a letter from my insurance company that my surgery is pending and they need more information. At least it isn't a flat out denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment