Friday, July 2, 2010

Holy Power Chain


Yesterday was my appointment with the ortho and I got new wires and a powerchain on the bottom teeth. Oh how I wish I would have taken a picture of my teeth before the power chain was put on. In the process of straightening my bottom teeth, a huge gap developed between the bottom two front teeth.

This power chain is no joke. Within 12 hours the space was half the size it started and now 36 hours later it is almost completely closed. Can you say painful bottom teeth. Ouchie! Thank god for 800 mg advil!

My next appointment is in five weeks on August 4th and I will get surgical molds taken. The ortho will then play around with them and see how my teeth are progressing for surgery. I will then meet with him a week later to discuss the plan. I am sure there will still be some tweaking to do but am on schedule for a November surgery. But if I am ready before then all the better.

Me and the braces go on vacation tomorrow and I am so excited. Will try to update you during the trip.

Happy 4th of July to all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my!! Had no idea such a thing existed! Keep your eye on the ring!

    ReplyDelete