Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Parent/Teacher conferences


Funny with my eight year old daughter.


She is on the phone with her new friend. They are trying to get both of their parents to meet at parent/teacher conferences so they can have a play date.


Her friend is asking what I look like. My daughter is saying, blondish/brown hair, tall, hmmmm.....she thinks for more things to describe me....she's got nothing.....she hollers out to me, "mom, what else can I tell her to describe you?" I laugh saying, "I will most likely be the only parent with braces." She says oh yeah, like she forgot.


Maybe my husband is right.............people don't care as much about the braces, especially the kids! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's true, most people don't notice or care, especially the kids. One funny comment I got from a child I teach: "ooh, Mrs. S. has sparkly teeth, wow!" It made my day!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Yeah... I am like the only Senior this year with braces!

    I am so excited for you! 4 weeks? AH! I found your blog through Sarah's. I already had my surgery... you can see my blog @ www.makaysjawjourney.blogspot.com

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete