Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 7 Post Op

I am going to go back and upload more pics and update in detail on earlier days but here is day 7.

Feeling so much better one week post op and it has been a long road as my huband mentioned yesterday.  After all the research I have done, I guess I thought I would have been better prepared.  Truth be told, short of going through the surgery, it is really that hard to know what to expect. 


It is so nice to prepare yourself with info, join forum and read blogs.  Knowing you are not alone and not the only person who has experienced this is so very helpful.  Also, having blogger friends out there, others who are thinking of you and in your corner truely does help. xoxox E, Brent, Bracedfaced, June and all the rest of you!

As my husband says, it looks like I have been dot in the eye.  LOL
Will continue to elaborate more and go in more detail about my experience but wanted to put a few pics out there for you to see. The swelling has  gone down a lot but still have a lot of swelling, bruising and numbness left.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You look good! So glad to see your post. I was so nervous when I hadn't seen anything and then saw your hubbie's post! Sucks that you had such a rough week but it seems like you are over the hump! And wow, really you look great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO look great, girl! Seriously! I was nervous when you emailed me about all the swelling. It looks totally normal (as far as swelling goes). And...if you're anything like me then you could be numb for awhile. I am still completely numb in bottom lip and "tender" around they eyes, nose, lips! Sounds like things are lookin' up. Good for you. XOXO E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had such a rough week. Can't tell from looking at you, you look great. Hope this week is waaay better. best wishes to both of you. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Mandy!
    There you are! So glad to see you at day 7 and that you are feeling better! You do look great, can't wait to see more picture! Take it easy and stay ahead of the pain and nausea. Everything will get easier from here on out!
    I will continue to pray for you speedy recovery and excellent results!
    Cheers to you!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog for a while now, and was wondering what was taking so long for a 'post-op' post! glad to hear you are doing much better!

    My surgery isn't until June, but we have very similar misalignment issues so it's been so helpful to read through your journey!

    Good luck with the rest of recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks as always for all of your support. I really needed it last week and it was good to know I had so many people giving me positive vibes!!!

    Dani-thanks for the well wishes, let me know if you have any questions- june will be here before you know it!

    Brent- thanks, as always, for being so positive- your turn will be here soon!

    E- your my girl!

    Bracedfaced- thanks for your concern,,,yep it was harder than I had imagined but was over before I knew it!

    Thanks Louise!

    xoxo Mandy

    ReplyDelete