Monday, October 25, 2010

Two week post op!!

Still so funny to see myself trying to smile!


Swelling in upper lip has gone down a ton but there is still swelling in the area below my nose

Two week post op!  Yeah! 

I am feeling great.  It is amazing though how weak I am.  Last night I picked up my son for the first time since my surgery and I could barely pick him up.  Now mind you he is the biggest two year old you have ever seen but still.....  I can't open a jar, tried to open a new container of juice today...nope.  I am WEAK!  I know this is normal so I am not worried.  Still taking an iron supplement and will continue to do so until I am one month post op due to the amount of blood I lost.  Also taking a multivitamin, bromaline capsules (supposed to help with swelling) and probiotics. 

Today was my first day home alone with the kiddos.  Did great but am tired.  Luckily, my mom and step-dad will be back tonight to help me the remainder of the week so I don't overdue it.  I certainly do not want to take any steps back.

I have my appointment with the surgeon on Thursday at noon in Detroit.  We are going up the night before so we don't have to spend six hours in the car in one day.  Works out perfect because I am getting my hair did Thursday morning before my appointment!!! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy!
    Your profile looks great! Swelling going down too!
    What another great milestone to be at the point of being on your own! I know that is a lot more work, and very exausting but also great improvement!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete