Friday, November 5, 2010

Pending all the time......

Dear Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield,

OK insurance, I got my pre-approval for my surgery back in May.  I held up my end of the bargain, $6,000 co-pay for deductible, $2750 for genioplasty and my braces entirely are paid out of pocket.  So why is it every time I check my online Anthem account...my hospital visit and surgeon fees are still PENDING.  You did pay for the pre-op and post-op surgeon visits and anaesthesia bills so what gives.  I certainly would appreciate it if you just went ahead and sent those big checks on their merry little way and gave me one less thing to worry about.

Sincerely,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. is it common for insurance companies to change their mind after initially approving? i'm also concerned about this because my approval period will likely expire before i'm ready for surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! That is frustrating! Why do they have to do that!? Did you call? I have the same fear. I don't think they can do that though. I mean, they approved it... Sorry girl, I would be frustrated too. Just pay it Anthem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So scary. I have Blue Anthem and I'm about to get my braces on to start the process but I'm scared about the approval process.

    ReplyDelete