Sunday, January 30, 2011

Long time no talk!

I know, I know I have been MIA!  Just crazy busy and happy to be not obsessing over all things jaw surgery related! 

Tomorrow I go to the ortho and if all goes well the braces will come off in four weeks!  Yes ladies and gentlemen...this journey is close to over!  YEAH!

My numbness is getting better oh so slowly.  Maybe still 40% numb in my lower lip and chin.  And just this week I started to get the slightest bit of feeling back in the roof of my mouth.  That was very exciting as I know that this is a step in the right direction and I am hopeful that it will completely return eventually.

Still am not that adventurous on the chewing front.....nothing hard or too chewy.  Why push it!?!?!  I am getting plenty of food as indicated by my weight!  :)

Will update you and post pics after my appointment tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy!!
    What great news! Glad to hear you are on a good course of recovery...and for that matter almost done. I don't blame you for not wanting to obsess on all things jaw surgery related...it seems that when you are on my side of the fences (still pre-surgery) that is all we do...obsess!

    Keep us updated on tomorrows appt.

    Cheers!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You must be thrilled! I will keep my fingers crossed that things went well today! :-)

    ReplyDelete